70 лет приходу Покровского собора в Мельбурне
Литургия, затем празднование 70-летия прихода.
1-7 Albion St Brunswick East Vic
Please join us in celebrating the ** 70th anniversary ** of one of the largest parishes of the Australian and New Zealand Diocese of The Russian Orthodox Church (Abroad), the Holy Protection Cathedral, Melbourne.
** Anniversary Celebration **
Sunday 20 October 2019
476 Brunswick Rd, Brunswick
or call 0411 090 550
Established in 1949, the parish initially rented premises in Toorak, Melbourne, before purchasing the former Anglican church in 6 Oxford St, Collingwood in 1954.
Services were held in Collingwood from 1954-2006, while the church and community complex in Albion Street, Brunswick East was built over many years. The foundation laying ceremony took place on the 5th November 1989. Regular church services began on the 24th September 2006 (on the day of the full Consecration).
The project was made possible through the exceptional generosity of parishioners who donated their time and money. Much of the work was accomplished by volunteers working on Saturdays.